INTERNAL QUAITY ASSURANCE CELL
“To make quality the defining element of higher education in India through a combination of self and external quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance initiatives” is the vision with which NAAC initiated the process of Assessment and Accreditation of the institutions of higher education. The college underwent the process and got accredited in 2005.
In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality upgradation of institutions of higher education, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council proposes the establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell as a quality sustenance measure. Accordingly IQAC is established on 9/07/2005.
Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institutions system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement ad sustenance.
IQAAC is constituted under the Chairmanship of the Head of the institution.
INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURENCE CELL:-
- Principal, Dr. M. A. Shahezad - Chairman
- A. K. Patki - Co-ordinator
- U. A. Thakare - Teacher member
- P. Wankhade - Teacher member
- V. S. Jagtap - Teacher member
- Y. S. Mahure - Teacher member
- N. S. Dharkar - Teacher member
- P. Bhagat - Teacher member
- K. R. Kirdak - Teacher member
- M. Kotak - Teacher member
- K. Jagtap - Librarian
- K. Nimkar - Representative of Non-Teaching staff
- J. R. Virani - Representative of Management
- H. D. Pande - Nominee from society
- Shital Watile - Nominee from Alumni
- Vaibhav K. Kalandre - Students nominee
The primary aim of IQAC is to develop a system of conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for-
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- The credibility of assessment and evaluation process.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are-
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/ parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars, on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/ activities leading to quality improvement.
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate/ contribute to-
- Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning quality enhancement.
- Ensure internaligation of the quality culture.
- Ensure co-ordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEI.
- Build an organised methodology for better internal communication.
SEVEN STEPS TO QUALITY:-
- Quest for excellence
- Understanding the concept
- Action- orientation
- Learner- centric approach
- Innovation for change
- Training to build competencies
- Year- round activity
NAAC student charter-
Every stakeholder of higher education has a role to play for quality enhancement and sustenance. The stakeholders such as Government, Management, Students and the external quality assurance agencies have an important role in ensuring quality of higher education. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) strive to play a catalytic role in synergising the stakeholders efforts.
“Of all the stakeholders mentioned above, the students have a unique role to play in ensuring quality of higher education institutions (HEIs). .........”
From Preamble to NAAC student charter
A) Institution’s responsibilities towards students-
The Institution shall.
- Communicate its goals and objectives systematically and clearly to all students.
- Offer programmes that are consistent with its goals and objectives.
- Offer a wide range of programmes with adequate academic flexibility.
- Obtain feedback from students on the initiation and review and redesign programmes if and when necessary.
- Facilitate effective running of the teaching-learning programmes/
- Implement a well-conceived plan for monitoring student progress continuously.
- Ensue that the students’ assessment mechanism is reliable and valid.
- Provide clear information to students about admission and completion requirements for all programmes, the fee structure and refund policies, financial aid and student support services.
- Ensure sufficient and well-run support services to all students.
- Promote healthy practices.
B) Students responsibilities of learning-
The student shall
- Appreciate the institutional goals and objective and contribute to the realization of the same.
- Have a clear knowledge of the programmes, admission policies, rules and regulations of the institution.
- Follow the time schedules, rules and regulations of the institution.
- Undertake regular and intense study of learning materials.
- Make optimum use of the learning resources and other support services available in the institution.
- Prepare for continuous internal assessment and term-end examinations.
- Give feedback for system improvement.
- Have faith and ability to pursue lifelong learning.
- Live as worthy alumni of the institution.
Significant activities and contributions by IQAC-
- Ensured timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative activities.
- Preparation of plan of action and annual calendar to undertake various academic, cultural, sport activities.
- Evolve a mechanism for effective teaching learning and continuous internal evaluation.
- Ensured optimal use of available physical and infrastructural facilities.
- Upgradation of college website. ICT, computer technology, encouraged use of projector, interactive board, for effective teaching-learning.
- Co-ordination with all stakeholders including prominent alumni.
- Participative management, forming various committees and subcommittees.
- Encouraged research in recognised research laboratories of the institution and publication of research papers in e-journals and UGC notified journals.
- Verify and recommend proposals under career Advance scheme.
- Emphasised on interaction with students by arranging students seminars, Group discussions, mock interview, remedial teaching, presentation etc.
- For on field learning experiences, industry visit and excursions are arranged.
- Students participation in "Aviskar” a university level research based competion for students.
- Blood donation camp and formation of Red Ribbon club in collaboration of Rural Hospital Ghatanji.
- ‘Art of public speaking’ a programme demonstrating intricacies of the skill was organised.
- Organised graceful ceremony of distribution of cash stude4nt with merit.
- Zone tournaments of women’s volleyball organised successfully.
- One day workshop giving hands on training for artificial nesting.
- Alumni meet was organised.
- Elocution competition in collaboration with Nehru Yuva Kendra.
- One day workshop as Taxonomy and identification of plants organised.
- A survey by commerce students on ‘Digital Literacy and e-transaction’
- ‘Visika’ a drive for awareness about financial transaction.
- An examination based on Bank PO examination pattern is conducted.
- Organised one day workshop on ‘College administration: planning and Quality sustenance’
- Various programmes organised to celebrate Golden Jubilee Year of the college.
- Bar-coding facility in library is under process
- Interaction session on ‘Employment Opportunities after BSc.’
- Green campus- clean campus.
- Awareness campaigns on socially relevant issues.